Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Wonderings of a Difficult Year"

Lord I don't know where to start,
my mind is racing and I've a trembling heart.
Daddy, this year has been crazy,
I want to crawl into Your arms and cry like a baby!
Friends get engaged and it makes me glad,
my mother's divorce that makes me sad.
A dear friend lost her baby,
and a co-worker lost his mom.
More engagements, and a baby born.
My brother's diabetes came like an unexpected storm.
Another baby, and much more deaths,
many new widows in my church, oh what a mess!
I want to cry, "Daddy!" I want to cry!
To hear of a dear friend and father that died!
I want to breathe Daddy, but my breath is shallow,
My mind is swearling like a ferris wheel.
My cousin took her kids and left,
I can't imagine how her husband must feel!
Daddy, it just doesn't make sense,
how you could bring on such suspense...
or was this You???
Death is a normal part of life, like birth,
but what of divorce? it's as natural as any sin,
but it brings pain that burns within.
Marriage is a sacrade vow,
a union between man, wife, and God.
Lord, how beautiful you've made the world
with weddings, birth, and life.
And how dispicable our sin!
But that's not all! Oh praise you Lord!
I love you Oh so much!
You sent your Son for my discrace,
and brought beauty to a dying race.
You loved me more than anything
and brought hope to us all.
The truth is we are not alone,
and the truth is I'm so small.
But You are bigger, Lord by far,
and you put in place each distant star.
You help us through the trying times
and someday we'll see the truth.
This life will be but a blink
when compared to eternity with You!

(copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(written 4/8/2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment