Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Faith to Say Goodbye"

I miss them, Daddy, this is so hard,
to miss my friends so terribly and feel it in my heart.
I'm sorry to complain Dad, and I don't mean to disrupt,
but I just can't keep going with my mind so full of stuff.
I don't know what I'm doing, I'm foolish and I'm afraid,
Daddy take me in Your arms, and say that it's okay.
I didn't want to say goodbye, or get too attatched at all.
So now I'm praying for Your strength to keep me from a fall.
My heart is aching, Daddy please, why do I hurt so bad?
Why can't I just let it all go and never feel so sad?
Why can't I cry? or say goodbye with happiness of heart?
Why can't I see that it's okay for friends to be apart?
Am I so foolish that I've done something to spur on this pain?
Or is this a part of growth, to experience a heavy rain?
Thank You Daddy, for dear friends, who've cared for me so.
And if this is Your will, I know it's worth the rain to grow!

(copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(written 8/12/2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment