Thursday, January 8, 2009

"The Quiet Type"

Mysterious, gentle, bashful, sweet, and shy.
these are the things I see in those we call the "quiet type".
I, for one, was made quite loud with a bubbly, confident joy,
which is good some people say, but others don't employ.
"You hurt my head" one might say while covering his ears,
others claim it's just a game, and I should have no fears.
Should I change?
I want to ask while eyeing these beautiful "quiet types",
They seem so perfect and aloof!
If only I could imitate and no longer be a goof!
"But that's not me" I want to scream! I'm not aloof at all!
God made me just who I am:
confident, pure, bubbly, lovely, loud, and tall!!!
So for those who'd like to say that I happened to hurt their ears:
Your comments will not change me, that job is not yours.
And I'd like to say before I go, with all sincerity in my heart:
God has made me just as I am; I am HIS work of art!

(copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(written 1/11/2007)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POEM EVELYN! IT IS SO TRUE! YOU ARE SO PERFECT THE WAY YOU ARE! NEVER CHANGE!
    Dont compare yourself to other people, God has made you perfect!
    <3 Paige

    ReplyDelete