Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Goodbye"

Daddy, my heart is breaking, and I just can't ease the pain,
my heart is overflowing with dark clouds of pouring rain,
I want to reach toward heaven and have You hold me tight,
and whisper in my ear "Darling, it's going to be alright",
You've commanded that I guard my heart;
You've helped me to do just that,
Then why, if I might ask, does my heart ache so bad?
It hurts to say goodbye to all of my dear dear friends,
and when I look at my calender I see this summer's end.
Lord, You've blessed me with these friends to love and lean on too,
but now that I have to leave, I don't know what to do.
Daddy, You know my heart, you know I'm sad,
You know it all,so please take this pain from me,
for my strength is very small.

(copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(written 8/11/2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment