Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Thank You Friend"

I've been blessed with a friend like you.
There are many people to bump into,
but I was blessed that one was you.
Sure I've bumped and others shoved back.
But you'll be there I can trust in that.
Some left me cold frozen and alone,
but you warmed me up and took me home.
You've made it a habit to always be there,
and I really love how much you care.
When I need a cup (of sugar), you give me a pound.
When I need a hug, you stick around.
When I call, you always pick-up.
When I have a test, you wish me luck.
When I need to talk, your ear is free.
When I and sick, you pray for me.
For this in return I'll do the same,
if you are sad, cold or lame.
Thank you friend I don't know what I'd do,
if I had not bumped into you!
(copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(Written in 2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment