Thursday, January 8, 2009

"My Guide"

My vocabulary is much to small to discribe the wonders of You,
and my human brain could never know how intricate your ways.
Daddy, Father, Lord of all, You've been there through thick and thin.
I love You Lord with all I am, a fragment of Your love for me.
I am a speck of dirt,
but for me you have a plan.You care for me God,
and oh it feels so good.
To know that I am loved, much more than I ever could.
Your care is like the ocean deep and deeper still by far,
You alone created the world and put in place each star!
You are BEAUTIFUL my God and King, though I have never seen
that face of yours that looks down with love on me.
What could I have ever done to deserve such love? nothing.
What could I have ever accomplished on my own? not a thing.
How could I have ever known the splendor of your ways?
Without Your guiding hand and without Your saving grace.
I want to yell Your name from a mountain top,
I want to tell the whole world what a good thing I've got!
Lord You are so good to me. Please, forever stay by my side.
Mold me, change me, and forever be my Guide.

(copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(wirtten 1/12/2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment