Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Decisions"

I've been thinking...
about my friends from back when.
And wondering what kind of messes they may be in.
I've been wondering if they're happy,
if they're new friends are new and improved.
I've been wondering about their party-lifestyles,
and crying in my heart for them too.
Who am I to judge?
I want them to know the truth!
I despare, for I'm not there to tell them who is.
Jesus is waiting with open arms,
to love them and take them in,
but so many of them are so blinded and their hearts so full of sin.
He can take their blackened hearts and make them white as snow,
He can turn their sinful lives and teach them how to grow.
His truth is so full to me, His love is all I see.
I wish that I could tell them! Of His love and all he's done!
Of how God so loved the world that He gave His only Son!
How we can't do this on our own, He shows us all the way.
He gives me strength to keep on living this life everyday.
He tells me which way to choose, whether the left or the right,
His truth is written in His Word the Bible is my light.
And on days like these, when my heart is crying out,
I'll give my friends up to the Lord and pray He'll seek them out.
They need to put their trust in Him, and need His guiding hand.
I'll pray for a day God will use me to take His witness stand!!!

(copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(written 3/3/2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment