Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Set Apart"

I don't want to look like the world,
and give in to it's passions and desires,
I no longer live by the flesh,
but the Holy Spirit is my guide!
I don't want to invite temptation,
when I could avoid it all the while.
I just want to find my strength in Christ,
For He's the one that makes me smile!
I don't want to be held if it means that I'll get hurt,
I don't want to be alone with any guy
if it leads to displeasing my Lord.
I don't want to do what "feels right" and live with regret,
I'd rather have God lead my life and live at peace, without a fret.
I'd rather say "please wait to hold me",than invite temptation in.
I'd rather say "let's pray about this"
than break 2 hearts again and again.
I'd rather say "no" gently and risk a hurt or two,
than say "yes" repeatedly
and hurt the one whose love for me will be true.
I'd rather go on living alone with God by my side,
than have distractions from the Lord consume my life.
Don't get me wrong, God WILL make His will clear at the right time,
and don't get me wrong I will follow His command.
But if love is patient then I can wait;
On Christ the solid rock I stand!
If love is not selfish then I'll think of God,
for His will for me is flawless.
And since my God is omniscent and He is faithful to me all the while,
then I'll follow Him my whole life with my biggest joyful smile!

(copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(written 5/8/2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment