Thursday, January 8, 2009

"My Beloved God"

In the loneliness of the human race
Your heavenly arms embrace me.
I cry in the cold public eye and Your love has set me free.
I search for my unknown yearns;
the world beats me and leaves me empty.
Your love will always fulfill me and leave me overflowing.
Your love is indescribable. I cannot grasp it all myself.
You love the world unendingly, for it You gave Yourself.
Oh, Lord I love You oh so much. And You love me so much more.
I cannot begin to understand, what You love this sinner for.
You’ve blessed my heart with purity, and loved me oh so much.
You forgive everything I ask, I cannot believe my luck.
You’ve softened up my aching heart
and filled it with Your love so true.
You’ve taught me how to use it, and bless the world with it too.
I believe so strongly now, You’re more real than real to me.
If You’d have never loved me, I’d never have felt love you see.
Oh God You know my painful past,
You’ve experienced pain much greater.
If only I had lived back then, I would not be your trader!
You gave so much for me, I still don’t know why.
With Your love uplifting me, I know that I can fly.

(copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(written in 2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment