Thursday, January 8, 2009

"To the Hands that Bullied Me"

Down I fell. Forgive me please.
You hated me for being me.
A hidden tear, suppressed cry…
You kick me and I wonder why.
Next you pierce my brain with words,
Filled with hatred, quite absurd.
I curl into a ball and rock.
You spit on me; I shake in shock.
When would all this torture end?
In this world, was there one friend?
You stomp on me and others laugh,
You treat me like your lesser half.
I despair and blame myself,
As this before, I had been dealt.
My heart is surrounded with defense.
Later I would block this out… it made no sense.
But I am loved, you just don’t know.
Didn’t stick around for the whole show.
My life has taken a loving turn…
One that’s set my past a burn.
You poor soul I see you now.
Your anger was not towards me somehow.
You kick and claw, turn red quite fast.
For you were quite like me in the past.
A victim, helpless and uncontrolled.
I pray for life to make me bold.
You might think I want revenge,
I’ll pray for you; you’re lost my friend.
Maybe God will help you too.
May forever this prayer be prayed for you.
(copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(written in 2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment