Thursday, January 8, 2009

"Lord, Why am I Me?"

Lord, I wonder, and if I might pry...
How did you come about making me with each unique trait, and why?
I consider myself with wonder and awe,
of this intricate design right down to the tiniest flaw.
You've made me my own person, no one ever quite like me!
It confuses me, Lord, how You've made me to be!
I've got good traits that shine Your light through,
and bad traits that show me how I'll never deserve You.
It's funny the way I come together within Your fine design.
I don't understand how You came up
with this collection of traits of mine.
And if I may, I'd like to say, one thing without starting a rumor:
"By looking at me, Lord, I can see: YOU'VE GOT A SENSE OF HUMOR!"

(copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(written 1/3/2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment