Monday, August 9, 2010

"Following God's Leading"

Your Word says that those who wait on You shall renew their strength.
Your Word says that when I am weak, You will be strong for me.
Your Word says to trust You in all that I do and don't look to myself.
And so I am waiting for Your timing God, for You know what's best.
I am waiting for You because You have the plan and the roadmap.
You're the perfect guide.
When I feel lost, I will take Your hand. You're always at my side.
Lord, help me when I'm weak and questioning Your guidance.
Help me to see where You want for me to be.
Open the doors You want me to go through and close tightly those You don't.
I'm praying for Your leading and my maturity! Lord help me every step!
Because, God, sometimes I'm afraid because I'm not trusting You.
And sometimes I feel alone, because I'm not spending time with You.
And I feel like I'm too small, too incapable,
because I'm not acknowledging your power like I should.
I need You, Daddy, more than ever before!
I'm praying for You to let me know the timing You have in store.
When my plans and Your plans don't turn out the same,
I pray I'll go with Yours, and trust in You again.
I love you Lord.

(Copyright Evelyn Worthington)
(Written 11:00pm August 9, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment