Saturday, February 20, 2010

"My Amazing God"

God, you hear me when I pray. You count my tears. You’re close to the brokenhearted.
You are a father to the father-less. You are the strength for the weak.
You are from everlasting to everlasting, You are my God!
You’re Jehovah Jireh, my provider. You dined with sinners and healed the sick.
You showed compassion on the crowds, you fed the five-thousand.
You cared for the woman at the well, you save sinners from the gates of hell.
You died and paid the price, to cover all my sin. You’re amazing, you’re wonderful.
You’re all I need, you’re all I want, you’re more that I can understand.
I am nothing, but you love me still. You made me in your image.
But you remember that I was dust. My days are like the grass, short and sweet my life will be.
You have planned and put in place all of eternity.
You are a mighty king, and a loving father, a mighty God, and a humble servant.
Who can understand you? Yet you know every fiber of my being.
You made my every part, you’ve numbered the hairs on my head.
It shouldn’t matter to you, but it does! God, you are indescribable!
You have loved the sinner and the saint, the Jew and Greek, slave and free,
You have made a way for all mankind to have eternal life through you!
How can this be? But I know that it’s true! How do I know?
Because I know you! I love you God! But you love me a billion times more.
I can’t comprehend what you have in store.
All I know, God, is that you are good.
That’s all I know, and all I should.

(written at 3:07 am February 2010)
(copyright Evelyn Worthington)

No comments:

Post a Comment