Saturday, February 20, 2010

"His Love Means Everything"

Who can know love? Who can understand it?
Who can tame it? And who can claim it?
Love is a confusing thing.
Are you sure you really know what it is?
Is it only a want to be near someone?
Or is it more?
Could it be that we don’t really know?
Maybe it’s some lost art form?
Could it be as simple as a feeling or a thought?
Could it be more? Could it be less?
Could it be nothing? Or could it be everything?
Is love found in a kiss? Or maybe in a promise?
Is it found in your love notes? Or maybe in your whispers?
Is love found in secret? Or is it something different entirely?
I don’t know I’ll ever know your kind of love. I don’t think it’s for me.
You see, I’ve had a taste of a different flavor, and I can’t be cured!
I’m hooked, no turning back, no way out, it’s all there is for me!
My God loved me more than you can whisper, kiss, or promise,
My God bled and died, to buy me eternal life!
My God whispered His love, when He said,
“Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.”
He loved me more than anyone else could ever get close.
He loved me more than, you or I will ever know!
My God took me in and cleaned me up,
My life was a wreck, and He saved me!
I didn’t earn His love. I couldn’t win a beauty contest for it.
I couldn’t earn it with the right look or the right walk.
He earned my affections on the cross.
Now I’m lost in His love. Eternally I am His.
Your love means nothing to me,
His love means EVERYTHING.

(written at 3:16 am February 20, 2010)
(copyright Evelyn Worthington)

No comments:

Post a Comment