Thursday, May 17, 2012

"From One Sister to Another"

Soon you will be sixteen, and the world is looking different,
You’re growing up so fast, and you’ll be a woman in a minute.
I’m no expert, but I’d like to share what I wish someone had told me,
when I was looking at the world through those same eyes, only just sixteen.
Life is short, though it seems long now; your choices matter greatly.
Your little decisions affect not only you, but others too, so pray daily.
Each careless thought and action is forming who you are becoming.
Each step you take in one direction or another decides the path on which you’re going.
Life is not what it seems, there are many evil paths that look good at first.
Some choices may seem unimportant, but they could change your life for the worst.
You are capable of bringing life and you are capable of causing death,
You are in charge of how you’ll spend each moment and each breath.
I want you to know that God is with you and He loves you and has a plan!
Don’t waste your life worrying about boys, because God’s preparing your man!
Don’t be fooled by magazines of actresses telling you what to think and do,
God wants you to know, the Bible is the guide to teach you what is good and true.
Forgive when you are wronged, bitterness will destroy you from within.
So let go and let God and He’ll lead you away from sin.
I love you sister!

(Written for my sister Hannah on her 16th Birthday)
(Copyright by Evelyn Worthington)
(Written March 17, 2012 at 8:10 AM)

No comments:

Post a Comment